Our 2017 Awana Grand Prix will be held on Saturday, October 21st at 9:00am.
The Awana Grand Prix is a family-oriented affair that allows clubbers to express their ingenuity by creating and racing their own wooden Grand Prix cars. The Grand Prix also includes a special race for parents and leaders caught up in the excitement of crafting their own cars. Grand Prix usually last about two hours.
Weeks before the race, clubbers purchase small pine blocks of wood and plastic wheels ($5 each) from which they construct their cars, usually with the help of a parent or leader. Our Awana program also offers “Grand Prix Construction Workshops” to help beginners and those who don’t have the tools at home to make one. The dates and times of the workshops are below.
The cars race on a aluminum four-lane track. Awards are given for both design and speed. Clubs award first-, second- and third-place trophies for each category. Each clubber who participates also receives a ribbon.
Please contact the Awana office for more information or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also register and purchase your car online by clicking here. You can pickup you car at the Grand Prix table on Wednesdays and Sundays or at one of the workshops. You can also check out our GP Rules AGP Rules Regulations 2017.
AWANA GRAND PRIX RACE
Saturday, October 21st
8:30 AM racing starts for the Outlaws. 9:00 am racing start for the kids (doors open at 8:00am).
• CCC Raceway (the gym)
• Wednesday Nights and Sundays 9/28 – 10/19
• Please fill out a Registration Form and have $5.00 when purchasing your car.
WORKSHOPS (optional but encouraged)
- #1 Saturday, Sept 30th, 10:00AM – 1:00PM
- #2 Saturday, Oct 7th, 10:00AM – 1:00PM
- #3 Sunday, Oct 15th, 12:00PM – 3:00PM
- #4 Friday, Oct 20th, 6:30PM – 8:30PM (weight adjustments only)
• Friday, October 20th, 6:30PM to 8:30PM
• No check-in / weigh-in on Race Day